StatCounter

Friday, November 24, 2017

SOLITUDE IS ILLUSIVE UNLESS YOU PLAN FOR IT

(written Mar 27, 2013) "I think of my own changing life situation. My career was in service to people and privacy was something I carved out within a socially demanding calendar. I treasured solitude. My home and yard activities were a retreat from my office and appointments. Occasionally scheduled days at a lodge, away from routines replenished my personal supplies to re-enter my social commitments. Retired now for four years, and having sold my home to enter the downsized world of strata living, compels me to learn new ways, both to cope with a high density of neighbours and eager eyes and to generate solitude which my temperament and interests require.” (now, 9 yrs into retirement, good neighbouring, painting, writing, golf marshalling, volunteering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment